The Old School House
Becomes City Hall
The Old School House was completed in 1920. It is a two room masonry building that housed students from 1920 to 1926. At that point the student population outgrew the building and it was converted to City Hall and a community center. It was where the community gathered for different occasions including Saturday night square dances.
It remained a City building until in 1977 when it was restored to its original condition by the Deerfield Beach Historical Society through a grant from the Bicentennial Commission. The Old School House is registered as a Florida Historic Site and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Old School House was actually the second school building in Deerfield Beach. The first one being a small clapboard structure located on the southwest corner of Second Avenue and Hillsboro Blvd.